Thursday, May 30, 2013

RetroSketches | Challenge #65

There is nothing better than new stamps to spark creativity, and when my Papertrey Ink box arrived yesterday I had to pull it out and create a couple of new cards. This one is for this week's RetroSketches challenge:


I used Dawn McVey's new Ruby Rose set, Embroidered Blooms, and Background Basics - Newsprint:

(supplies - Stamps: (Papertrey Ink) Background Basics: Newspring, Ruby Rose, Embroidered Blooms. Ink: (PTI) Enchanted Evening, Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Melon Mambo, Aqua Mist. (Stampin' Up!) Basic Gray. Impression Plate: (PTI) Diamonds. Cardstock: (PTI) Enchanted Evening, Melon Mambo, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, white. Patterned Paper: (PTI) Melon Berry Patterns Pack. Dies: (PTI) Ruby Rose. Other: buttons, twine, enamel dots.)

I love the layering possibilities of this set! The different layers of flowers + the striped leaves are gorgeous and so much fun to work with.

That's it for me tonight. Mark is working a lot of overtime this week (leaving me with the boys most of the time) and I am about to collapse from exhaustion! Have a great night and thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Erin! I love how you used the new Ruby Rose set and the colours you chose!

Donna said...

So pretty. Love the colors. You rocked the sketch.

Mary said...

That is awesome! Love your work!

Jennifer said...

Erin, this is stunning! Your color combo is gorgeous! :)