Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Great Impressions Stamps | Hello

I had the pleasure of working with some of Great Impressions new release stamps a few weeks ago, and I was especially drawn to the Bicycle with Flowers stamp. Line art images are perfect for coloring, but I wanted to try a gold, yellow, and berry color combo with gold embossing powder for the main image. The bike is very detailed so I used gold filigree embossing powder on Melon Berry cardstock.

 (Supplies - Stamp: (Great Impressions) Bicycle with Flowers. Ink: VersaMark. Cardstock: (PTI) Melon Berry. Patterned Paper: unknown. Buttons: Papertrey Ink. Letter stickers: Fancy Pants)

Have you tried embossing on colored cardstock? I can't wait to try out the gold embossing powder on dark blue and aqua cardstock next... I love embossing powder!

I hope everyone has a great week! Tomorrow is "game day" at Ev's school, so I am off to find his Battleship game. Only two more days of school and he can't wait for summer vacation to begin. Truth be told, I am a little burned out and I can't wait for summer to start! 

Thanks for stopping by. :) 

2 comments:

Misty's said...

Hi Erin
Your card is so elegant. Love the soft colour palette you used with the embossing effect...Gorgeous!
Thank you very much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog xx

Leigh Penner said...

Ooh, this is so pretty, Erin! I have a weakness for bicycle stamps...