Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Making Faces & My Journey With You | Digital & Hybrid Layouts

I follow a few blogs that talk about "birthday goals"... activities/projects/travel they want to do before their next birthday. I like the concept of setting goals but sometimes the follow through can be a bit challenging! But when I turned 28 back in March I mentally challenged myself to create 100 layouts between my 28th and 29th birthday. Two months later and I'm not quite on track to complete that goal, but I'm close. I should probably go back and actually count the layouts I've created, both digital and traditional/hybrid layouts, and I plan on doing that this week. But for today I have two new layouts to share. One is using Karla Dudley's new kit, Blah, and one is using a Karla Dudley cut file + a couple of past Studio Calico kits. 

First up is the digital layout:

 (Supplies -(Karla Dudley) Polka dot patterned paper, journaling card, alpha, brushes, sticker, tag: Blah. Blue patterned paper: Butterfly. Frames: Polaroid-ies Set No. 1. Definition: Life Defined. "So you" brush: KD Life 365. "Love you": Take Note. Staples: Digi Essentials. (Scotty Girl Designs) Date Stamp and Skinny Stitches.)

Up next is my hybrid layout. I used this cut file from Karla Dudley for a white title. I'm not thrilled with how the layout photographed... it was getting late here and I was losing daylight. But the title shows up really well in person. And my journaling is also legible, although it does fade a bit in the middle.... my pen ran out of ink and I had to find another one half way through journaling! I used my Studio Calico Spencer's Project Life & Card Kit for this layout:


(Yes, the more I look at it, the more it's bothering me... I will definitely re-photograph and update tomorrow.)

I am waiting for Evan and Mark to return from the soccer fields... Evan had evaluations tonight to join the "select" team with our soccer club. I am so nervous for him! Of course I told him that the tryouts are "no big deal" and he should try his best, but I'm really hoping he did well. He looked cool as a cucumber when I dropped him off... I'm sure I was way more nervous than he was!

I'll be back soon with a couple of cards and a tag. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

So cute!! Loving the use of tags with the second layout!

Michelle McClure said...

Your layouts are so adorable! You are so brave with your use of negative space, I have to limit myself from filling it all in.

Mirabyll said...

These are really lovely! The first one is very inspiring with the stitching and the overlapping stamp. Love it!

Patter Cross said...

Super sweet. Love those photos and the framing!

msmith434343 said...

I really LOVE that hybrid layout! Love the title work. It photographed fine - white is hard. You did a great job!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both wonderful!
I love how you used the Ali Edwards stamps on the second layout and how it's on a tilt like that-- fabulous!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great layouts, love the tilt on the second and the title

april said...

gorgeous!