Monday, September 24, 2012

Fab Friday | Challenge #2

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. We were busy Friday and Saturday, but stayed in Sunday so Jack could recover from a 24 hour flu. Our schedule is packed this week with soccer, a music performance, cub scouts, and (hopefully) a date this weekend. Fall is definitely our busiest season!

This week's Fab Friday challenge is a color challenge: So Saffron, Sahara Sand, and Basic Gray. I LOVE this combination... yellow and gray are so soft and pretty together. I used Stampin' Up's Summer Silhouettes stamp set & Papertrey Ink's Quatrefoil cover plate: 

(Supplies - Stamps: (Stampin' Up!) Summer Silhouettes. Papertrey Ink: Bitty Background Blocks, Floral Foliage. Ink: (Stampin' Up!) Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, So Saffron. (PTI) Smokey Shadow. Cardstock: (Papertrey Ink) Harvest Gold, white. (Stampin' Up!) Basic Gray. Dies: (PTI) Quatrefoil cover plate, pinking edger die. Other: Buttons.)

The quatrefoil image from Summer Silhouettes matches perfectly with PTI's quatrefoil cover plate. I couldn't find my stamp-a-ma-jig for the quatrefoil stamp, so I eyeballed it using an acrylic block with a grid. After stamping the entire background with the quatrefoil stamp, I stamped the leaves & flowers. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

SO pretty! I love how you layered the stamped images...it totally looks like you're peeking through a garden gate. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!