Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Papertrey Ink | Make It Monday #82

This week's Make It Monday challenge is to cut apart your clear stamps (for versatility). 

To be honest, this challenge scares the crap out of me. 

I like my stamps just the way they are, thankyouverymuch, and just the thought of cutting them apart gives me hives.

I was very close to not participating in this particular challenge, but I decided that if Erin Lincoln can cut apart her stamps, then I can, too. 

I wanted to make a Halloween card for my nephew, so I chose to work with Been Boo'd, Tremendous Treats: Halloween, and Halloween Treats and Sweets.

The actual stamp that I cut apart is the sentiment "You've Been Boo'd". So cute. And perfect for my 10 year old nephew, Zach. 

(All Supplies are PTI - Stamps: Halloween Sweets and Treats, Been Boo'd, Tremendous Treats Halloween, Fillable Frames #8. Cardstock: True Black, Orange Zest, white. Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow. Dies: Halloween Sweets and Treats, Mat Stack #5, Fillable Frames #8. Patterned Paper: Halloween Prints. Impression Plate: Cane. Other: Copic Markers, Stickles.)

I think I squealed when I lined up the vellum ghost (adhered using my xyron machine), pumpkin, and vampire spider. I love Halloween, and I loved creating this card! And like Erin said in her video, don't be afraid to cut apart your stamps... it might cause a minor panic attach at first, but once you get over the fear of screwing up, it's really not that bad. And look at the results! My sentiment was a breeze to line up because I was working with two different stamp, rather than trying selective inking, which can be hit or miss for me. 

Tomorrow I will be showcasing a new stamp from Great Impressions Stamps... it's release week! Which means news stamps are being introduced all week on the Great Impressions Stamps blog. Go check it out if you have a few minutes!

Have a great night. :-)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Your nephew will love this spooky card Erin! You are brave...I couldn't cut my stamps either... :)

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

This is adorable. I haven't found the guts to cut em yet!

Nancy Penir said...

Love the velum ghost!
I think we all have the shakes from the 'cuts' this week!

Helen F. said...

such a fun card, Erin! The ghost is so adorable...your nephew will love him :)