Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Great Impressions Stamps - Purple Dandelions


Hello everyone! Today is my very first Great Impressions Stamps blog post, and I'm super excited to share my card with you. I used one of my favorite techniques: emboss resist on canvas. 


To create the embossed panel, I stamped the dandelion image onto sticky back canvas using VersaMark ink, then poured white embossing powder onto the image. I heat set the embossing powder, then used distress inks and a blending tool to ink the canvas. At this point the canvas looks really blotchy and uneven, but don't worry! After I applied the ink, I sprayed the canvas with pearlized water (perfect pearls + water) liberally, then let it dry. When the ink/water has dried, it is a gorgeous shimmery purple! The shimmer is hard to see in the photo, but in real life it is beautiful. I frayed the edges of the canvas before adhering it to a piece of patterned paper. The stamps I used are Seeded Dandelions G298 and With Sympathy B178

I hope you like the card and the mini tutorial! If you haven't had a chance to play with sticky back canvas, I encourage you to try it... you won't regret it! So many of the Great Impressions stamps will work with this technique. The key is definitely spray the distress inks with a ton of water so the ink blends well.

I also have a few photos of Evan's first soccer practice to post... hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Evan is on a U8 soccer team and he is having a blast. If we don't melt from the heat and humidity, this season should be awesome. :-)

Have a fantastic Wednesday!

Erin. 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I have this dandelion stamp! I love that you used canvas, truly lovely. I can't wait to see what else you come up with for Great Impressions.