Monday, September 10, 2012

Wplus9 | Cloud 9 September Blog Hop

Hi everyone! I finally got myself organized enough to participate in the Cloud 9 blog hop, using Wplus9 stamps. I am a huge Wplus9 fan, and this card uses two of my favorite Wplus9 stamp sets: Fold Art Florals and Spring Tags. I must admit, this card is really busy. A lot busier than I usually create... but I really like all the different elements and how they compliment each other. I wanted to the die cut pieces to stand out against the stamped circles, so I covered them in 3 or 4 coats of clear embossing powder. The colors I used are Papertrey Ink's Simply Chartreuse, Lemon Tart, Kraft, and Sweet Blush. 

Our inspiration for this blog hop came from this photo:

And my card:



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, Your card really goes well with the inspiration photo! Liz W.

Erin said...

Thanks, Liz!

anya said...

Just stunning, Erin! I adore the layout and the colors of this card. The way you added the embossing powder to the die cuts really do add so much texture - I thought they were clay at first! A great idea! So glad that you joined us for the Cloud9 blog hop this month!

Marlou McAlees said...

what a stunning card!!! ♥

Jill Norwood said...

Erin your card is beautiful! I love the stamped backgrounds on your circle die cuts and the vellum! I also love the dimension of the die cut elements with the embossing coats! A great look!

Karen B. said...

It turned out great, so sweet!

Sharron said...

Beautiful card--wonderful layout and I love the colors! The embossing powder on the die cuts looks fantastic!

Gayatri said...

Wow! What a beautiful card, Erin! Love the layout of your card and how you have included so many elements from the picture:) Thanks for playing along with us @ Cloud9 :)

Suzanne said...

Hi Erin! Just WOW! Honestly and truly, this looks like it was taken straight from CARDS magazine, and I love everything about it. Amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Cloud9!