Friday, September 14, 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks | Designer Drafts Challenge

Happy Friday, friends! I have a fabulous fall card to share today for Paper Smooches' Designer Drafts Challenge:


September-2012.jpg

Once again I pulled out Gently Seasoned and PTI inks in Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, and Terracotta Tile. 

(Supplies - Stamps (Paper Smooches) Gently Seasoned. Cardstock: (PTI) Kraft, Summer Sunrise, White, Terracotta Tile. Patterned Paper: (PTI) Distressed Dots in Summer Sunrise. Ink: (PTI) Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, and Terracotta Tile. Impression Plate: (PTI) Linen and Canvas. Other: Buttons, white thread.)

I was busy stamping/cleaning/stamping my leaves and I was almost done... and one leaf smudged. Just a little bit, but it bugged me enough to either a.) throw it away and start over, or b.) find a way to work around it. The result: popped up Terracotta Tile leaves! By stamping extra leaves onto white cardstock, then trimming them and using pop dots, I was able to save my stamped tree & add extra dimension. Gotta love it when mistakes actually make a card better. :-) 

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. We have soccer tomorrow & a Cub Scouts meeting on Sunday. No rest for the weary!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Perfectionism at its best!

Glenda J said...

This is so bright and cheerful! Love the colours and the clean design.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOWZA! I love this color combo--beautiful card! LOVE those leaves!! THANKS for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)